18 Nov 2009

Dressed to kill?

Last night, during our fortnightly 25 man raid my attention was briefly diverted from more serious matters by a conversation with Lamagra regarding the virtues of dresses. Well more specifically the fact that real gamers wear dresses. This has been something of an ongoing topic of conversation between five of us for some time, which all started in a rather surreal evening of Headless Horseman fun.

We plotted a little alt guild called 'Dressed to Kill'. I really like the sound of that and I may have daydreamed slightly about it at work today. Well it made a break from my usual daydreams of plotting how to cause the untimely demise of various of my clients.
So... imagine youself as a member of Dressed to Kill. Of course all guild members would have to wear dresses. The wearing of shorts or any other form of attire would of course be met with an instant gkick for disrespecting the guilds founding principles. Ranks would of course all be suitably titled. This is something that I'm still working on, having got stuck at 'mini-dress = recruit'.

Of course all guild members should also be tailors so that they can make their own dresses. Suitable secondary skills would include jewelcrafting so that pretty shiney things could be added to your dress. Herbing would also be acceptable, as for some reason I associate pretty flowers with pretty dresses. Mean sounding professions such as engineering and blacksmithing would be disallowed. Leatherworking would be permitted, but only to the extent that it allowed crafting kinky leather gear for oneself and fellow guildies.

I suspect that Dressed to Kill is just a fantasy guild that is best left to my mid afternoon day dreams. However, it would be sort of fun to run the odd heroic or two with everyone wearing a dress. Yes that even means you dwarf tanky boy.

On a completely different topic, I've been told that I need to write in my blog more often. Point taken, I'll make more effort. What can I say... we're in the midst of a series of overseas visitors. As usual my job is crap, meaning that I'm having to make a big effort to be very productive during the day if I want to get home at a reasonable hour. However the main reason is that I've been too lazy. Oh, and a new series of Spooks has started.

No comments:

Post a Comment